“I wonder, all these mornings you’ve been sitting in my study, have you had any moments of stillness?”
The Oscars are getting closer! On this episode, we look at two of the nominees for Best Picture. Filmmaker Johnnie Brannon joins the show to discuss Sound of Metal, and I give my review of The Father.
Johnnie Brannon has been working as a filmmaker and musician for many years, and he runs the organization Made in Arkansas (who have a film festival coming up in May). He’s the perfect person to tackle Sound of Metal with, and at the end we do talk spoilers and I go into way too much detail about the film’s ending.
Click here for a full episode transcript
- NPR Fresh Air interview with Riz Ahmed: MC And Actor Riz Ahmed Embraces A New Kind Of Role In ‘Sound Of Metal’ : NPR
- ‘Sound of Metal’ Used Riz Ahmed’s Body in Film’s Sound Design – Variety
- ‘Sound Of Metal’s Sound Designer Gets Inside Ears Of Deaf Drummer – Deadline
- Made in Arkansas homepage
- Johnnie Brannon’s Youtube page
- Johnnie Brannon’s music project AnotherTheory on bandcamp
- Johnnie Brannon on Instagram
CONNECT WITH US
Email us at Andrew@ArthouseGarage.com
Subscribe to the email newsletter: arthousegarage.com/subscribe
Theme music by Apauling Productions