“Where I come from, where your mother comes from, we didn’t talk about our bodies. So when something like this happened, there was no language for it.“
View on Zencastr
We’ve got not one, but TWO episodes about Women Talking, the new film from director Sarah Polley, based on the novel by Miriam Toews. The film stars Rooney Mara, Claire Foy, Jessie Buckley, Ben Whishaw, and Frances McDormand.
In part 1, film critic Lindsey Dunn joins the show to talk about the film Women Talking and its many cinematic merits.
Make sure to also check out part 2, in which we discuss the book, it’s adaptation to the screen, and some of the religious themes of the story.
Links – follow Lindsey Dunn online
- Website – 1 of my Stories
- YouTube Channel
- Contributor – Elements of Madness
- Twitter updates
Connect with Arthouse Garage
- Support us on Patreon
- Arthouse Garage shop
- Email us at Andrew@ArthouseGarage.com
- Subscribe to the email newsletter: arthousegarage.com/subscribe
- Try Opopop popcorn! Get 10% off your first order
- Theme music by Apauling Productions