The Arkansas Cinema Society has announced the full lineup and schedule of FILMLAND 2020, their annual film festival that takes place in Little Rock, Arkansas on October 1-4. The lineup includes such high-profile 2020 films as Nomadland, One Night In Miami…, and The Way I See It in addition to a number of shorts and features by Arkansas filmmakers.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, ACS decided to move FILMLAND away from its usual venue at CALS Ron Robinson Theater, instead opting for two unique film festival experiences, FILMLAND 2020 Drive-In and FILMLAND 2020: Digital Experience. Full details below.
FILMLAND 2020 Drive-In
The Drive-In portion of FILMLAND 2020 takes place at the MP Outdoor Cinema in Little Rock over 4 nights. In the evenings of October 1-4, one of the curated films will screen each night. Tickets will be available at arkansascinemasociety.org for members and sponsors on September 26th and to the general public on September 27th.
Nomadland comes from acclaimed director Chloé Zhao and has won many major film awards this year including the top prize at the Venice Film Festival and the People’s Choice Award at the Toronto International Film Festival. The film stars Frances McDormand and David Strathairn.
One Night In Miami… is the directorial debut of Regina King and tells the fictionalized account of four American icons– Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Sam Cooke, and Jim Brown– meeting on a night in 1964. The film has created considerable buzz after playing the Venice Film Festival and TIFF.
Find the full schedule and address below:
Drive-In gates open each night at 6:00PM; show starts at 7:15PM
- Thursday, October 1, 2020- The Way I See It
- Friday, October 2, 2020- FILMLAND: Arkansas Short Winner Screening* & One Night In Miami…
- Saturday, October 3, 2020- Filmmaking Lab for Teen Girls Short Screening & Nomadland
- Sunday, October 4, 2020- FILMLAND: Arkansas Student Short Winner Screening* & Dreamland
MP Outdoor Cinema
6700 Allied Way, Little Rock, AR 72209
FILMLAND 2020: Digital Experience
In addition to the Drive-In festival, ACS is holding a virtual festival featuring Arkansas Features and Shorts in addition to the 2020 documentary You Cannot Kill David Arquette.
The films in the FILMLAND Digital Experience are available to ACS Members to view anytime on demand from September 25 – October 7, with the exception of You Cannot Kill David Arquette which will stream October 7 at 7pm CST through a partnership with the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival. Members can access the films now through arkansascinemasociety.org
Become a member at arkansascinemasociety.org. See the full digital lineup below:
FILMLAND: Arkansas Features
- Indians, Outlaws, Marshals, and the Hangin’ Judge by Larry Foley
- Land of Lights and Shadows by Kate Siegenthaler
- Mamakrom by Joseph Pelegreen
- Saint Frances by Alex Thompson & writer/Actress Kelly O’Sullivan
FILMLAND: Arkansas Shorts
- ANIMAL by Russell Leigh Sharman
- ABSENT by Damon McKinnis
- Die Laughing by Kelly Griffin
- Fletcher by Emma Thatcher
- Invitation by Chad Hill
- Phosphorescence by Connor Allen Smith
- They Soon Forgot Their Words by Karen Paulk
FILMLAND: Arkansas Student Shorts
- A Promising Voice by Obed Lamy
- Lullaby by Claire Barnett
- Masacre by Samir Arellano
- Pigs Stand Tall But Can’t Dunk by David C. Cruz
- The Daily (web series) by Marty Lang
- IX by Denzel Jenkins
More information about FILMLAND 2020 can be found at arkansascinemasociety.org